After Hours Access
To ensure that our facilities and resources are properly accessed and maintained, we require the submission of a one-time Lab Facilities Form. For PIN access to our facilities, you must have provide a printed and signed Lab Facilities form.* PIN access will allow 24-7 lab access for select spaces.
Note: Putnam Hall doors lock daily at 10pm with no exceptions; you must follow Ohio University Student Handbook regulations; you may not facilitate building access beyond 10pm.
Resource Reservation & Checkout
To ensure that our resources are properly accessed, maintained, and distributed, we require the submission of a Equipment Loan Form* on a per-loan basis. For more information on equipment checkout (i.e. pickups and returns) read ‘Accessing our Resources‘ page. For consumable resources, or resources of specialty, charges may apply: Large-Format Printing.
*Also available in print on site.
Note: It saves us all time if you have it prepared ahead of time.
To ensure that our patrons and mission are properly aligned and supported, we require the submission of Process Reports, better known as Happenings. For continued access to our resources please do the following for every week in which you utilize them; I.e. one day’s use = one report, one week’s use = one report, two week’s use = two reports, etc.
For Processes that extend beyond one month, we require the submission of Project Guideline materials to ensure that our facilities and resources are properly utilized and supported. For continued access to our facilities and resources please do the following:
- Review the following Project Guidelines form.*
- Write about your project in a digital format, i.e. doc, docx, pdf, etc..
- Submit all relevant information from  to our online submission page.
Alt. Project Proposal Procedures
For Projects that push the frontier of a discipline, pedagogy, or process beyond traditional means and resources, The CREATE_space’s Operations Coordinator guides those interested via the following procedure:
- Initial Consultation – the submitter and operations coordinator discuss what the expected outcomes are, what the potential options and paths are for reaching it, along with how the lab can assist.
- Proposal Submission -The submitter textualizes the initial consultation ideas into a practical, usable form, from which will be digitally submitted to the lab.
- Proposal Feedback – the operations coordinator reviews the proposal and advises another consultation discussing impractical and unsolidified ideas, along with textual editing suggestions.
- Iteration – the submitter repeats proposal submission and proposal feedback until either a suitable submission is made or feedback deems the proposal unworkable.
- Final Submission – the submitter digitally submits the submission to the operational web address, and delivers a physical submission to the lab for hard records.
- Proposal Review – lab administration and/or advisory-board* confirms that all necessary requirements are met, most importantly, those involving operational practicalities such as equipment checkout dates, project time-lines, and contact information.
- [Acceptance/Denial] – the administration will promptly notify the submitter regarding proposal review, potentially with a rational.
The CREATE_space is also honored to have strong participation and support from the College of Fine Arts faculty and student body. An official Advisory-Board, representing all schools within the College, has been established to act as the voting body for project proposals, and as shared visionaries for building a center of excellence and innovation. The charge of the board to the CREATE_space is broad and encompassing. We seek to ground this new facility theoretically, conceptually, and artistically, and in doing so, provide a model for the ways in which artistic method and process are intellectually vital across all disciplines of the university. As such, the panel is charged:
- to define the direction of creative research of the CREATE_space
- to help develop areas of specialty
- to develop a mechanism and/or venue(s) from which to evolve post-disciplinary discourse and scholarship
- to promote and explore new philosophical considerations that will inform future practice
- to identify leaders and visionaries that will be invited to join us as collaborators, or consultants as projects develop (across the university and across the world)
- to support the work of the CREATE_space through active participation