The resource for creative research exploring Arts, technology, and entrepreneurship.
The CREATE_space is an interdisciplinary resource for Ohio University students, faculty and staff, for creative research exploring Arts, technology, and entrepreneurship. The space is offered to student entrepreneurs, honor tutorial college students, graduates, doctoral students, faculty and staff, providing various resources, including consultations, training, select services, and equipment.
Our goal is to encourage and support a center of diverse artistic process and products, with an emphasis on the contemporary and collaborative. Processes and projects which explore our cores [Arts, technology, & entrepreneurship] as an integral component in the creative research process, create a transformation of the expected into the exceptional. Participation embracing interdisciplinary and cross-disciplinary collaboration and experimentation push the bounds of tradition, and move culture forward. Learn more.
A New Look:
As The CREATE␣space is an evolving part of Ohio University’s College of Fine Arts mission to provide a central venue for creative research, this Winter Intersession marked the online shift from being the Aesthetic Technologies Lab, to being the CREATE_space. We’re just getting started, and are not fully functional, but we hope to quickly be so. A few things:
Do You Need____Help?
Schedule A Creative Consultation - The CREATE_space Staff offers specific times to discuss resource needs and expected outcomes associated with creative research activities. As well as the aforementioned, potential technical options and challenges are discussed to direct research processes to the best approach for intended outcome (unless otherwise stipulated, e.g. quantitative analysis).
Schedule A Service Session - The CREATE_space houses two large-format printers, and two 3D printers for creative research exploring art, technology, and entrepreneurship. These services are not for marketing or advertising work.
The printers are accessible to any past or present patrons, those who are conducting creative research, or upon special request.* Uses of the printer dictates a financial charge, based solely upon the quantity of media printed. Charges change annually, so be sure to inquire about them upon printing time. It is solely the patrons’ responsibility as to the quality of the print; no refunds. * Request may be denied.
- All Resource Requests must be requested online, with all pickups & returns before noon, or by special appointment.
- To meet with the Operations Coordinator: View the Operations Coordinator Schedule, or self schedule a Creative Consultation*, or Contact Nathaniel Berger alternatively. Note: Walk-ins will often fail.
- To utilize our large-format printers, or 3D printers, you must self schedule a Service Session.
- *Meetings by Appointment Only *You must have a Google account to use this feature.
- The lab is primarily a Process Lab. Only submit a new Project Proposal if required. See our Get Started page for further details. All resource usages and projects are to be documented.
Spring Semester Hours:
- Operations Coordinator – Nathaniel: 9am-5pm
- Work-Study & Graduate Assistant Hours: TBD
- Ohio University Academic Year, 2013-2014
Applications are now being accepted for our 2012-2013 GA-ship, [now, with a full tuition waver]. We are looking for Ohio University graduates with CS/programming experience, interested in contributing to the College of Fine Arts. Plusses: iOS & Android coding, Experience with C, C++, C#, Objective-C, & Java. Contact our Operations Coordinator for details. Web experience recommended.