Posted by Operations
Winter Limits -
Limited Intersession Reservations:
Due to the pivotal role of the website with all space processes, the CREATE_space will not be taking new reservations for equipment after the last week of classes. This will allow space staff to update and streamline website content, reservation processes, and address other issues.
Limited Intersession Access:
As the website affects our mission in such a primary fashion, space staff will be focused on issues pertaining to this, limiting Creative Consultations and Service Sessions dramatically. CREATE_space hours will remain normal (9am-5pm) until December 16th, then the lab will be closed for general usage until Jan.6. Note: Putnam Hall access may be limited to access between 8am – 5pm.
Our Evolving Mission:
The CREATE␣space is an evolving part of Ohio University’s College of Fine Arts mission to provide a central venue for creative research. For the past eight years, the Aesthetic Technologies Lab has served this mission for graduates, PhDs, faculty, and staff, with domains concerning Arts and technology. Starting this Semester, we are expanding our scope to address entrepreneurship as well, and widening our accessibility to Honors Tutorial College students, and select undergraduate students.*
*Select students are to acquire faculty recommendation for use.
We are continuing to refine practices & processes. A few things:
- All Resource Requests must be requested online, with all pickups & returns before noon, or by special appointment.
- To meet with the Operations Coordinator: View the Operations Coordinator Schedule, or self schedule a Creative Consultation*, or Contact Nathaniel Berger alternatively. Note: Walk-ins will often fail.
- To utilize our large-format printers, or 3D printers, you must self schedule a Service Session.
*Meetings by Appointment Only *You must have a Google account to use this feature.
- The lab is primarily a Process Lab. Only submit a new Project Proposal if required. See our Get Started page for further details. All resource usages and projects are to be documented.
- Operations Coordinator – Nathaniel: 9am-5pm (Until Dec. 16th)
- Work-Study & Graduate Assistant Hours:
- Aaron (TBD)
General Lab Hours: 9am – 5pm (Until Dec. 16th)
- After Hours Access by Request (Not availabe)
- Ohio University Academic Year, 2013-2014
Applications are now being accepted for our 2012-2013 GA-ship, [now, with a full tuition waver]. We are looking for Ohio University graduates with CS/programming experience, interested in contributing to the College of Fine Arts. Plusses: iOS & Android coding, Experience with C, C++, C#, Objective-C, & Java. Contact our Operations Coordinator for details. Web experience recommended.