- Custom-built hemispherical MDF enclosure
- Finish: State-of-the-art black powder coating
- Handles, for easy rigging and portability
- Speaker elements: Six Polk Audio db521 fullrange drivers
- Audio input:
- Monaural version: Neutrik locking 1/4” jack
- Multichannel version: 6 channels via included breakout cable – six 1/4” TS plugs.
- Frequency Response: 60-22,000 Hz
- Monaural version: 6 ohms
- Multichannel version: 4 ohms per speaker
- Height at center: 8-1/4”
- Diameter of base: 21-1/4”
- Monaural version: 17 lbs. (25 lbs. in shipping crate)
- Multichannel version: 18 lbs. (26 lbs. in shipping crate)
The Hemispherical Speaker System will produce a “localized” sound that emanates from the speaker’s position and interacts with a room’s natural acoustics. The speakers have no front or back, and no sweet spot for listening. This allows electronically-produced sound to take on the characteristic intimacy of unamplified sound, changing the experience of both performer and audience, and improving the quality of hybrid performances which mix acoustic and electronic instruments.
New to the CREATE_space? Please visit our participate, procedures and access pages prior to reserving resources. The calendar below indicates when a resource is reserved when it is highlighted as “busy.” We may have more than one of the resource in which you may click the blue triangle “” to view all.